Algorithms Scientist (PhD)
Our business is highly successful and growing at over 100%/year, resulting in the need to expand our Algorithm Scientist team. This role is critical to the continued growth and success of the company, as the creative output of this small team is what fuels the products of the company and safeguards the financial assets of banks/individuals.
We are looking for engineers, mathematicians/statisticians and computer scientists able to develop, analyze and program cutting-edge algorithms based on Bayesian networks and statistical models that will be at the core of Guardian Analytics' fraud prevention applications. You will extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms and underlying mathematical theory, and use your analytics skills to help design and implement core components of our algorithms and models. Please consider learning more about this exciting and essential role where you can have daily, direct impact on the continued evolution of our innovative products.
- Ph.D. in statistics, CS, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related engineering disciplines with focus on machine learning, mathematical algorithms, probability theory, and statistical modeling techniques
- Interest in Big Data and the associated methodologies
- 2+ years of experience in algorithm development and statistical analysis of massive datasets and events, or equivalent coursework
- Desire to balance theory with pragmatic problem solving skills to develop and apply advanced algorithms to real world problems and data
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis, visualization and data mining tools such as R (strongly preferred) or MATLAB
- Resourceful, flexible, adaptable team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire to work within a dynamic startup environment
- 1-2 years of scripting experience (Python, Perl) and writing SQL queries and working with databases (MySQL preferred). Software programming skills in Java or C++ a plus
- Ability to work with product managers and engineers to translate requirements into design that can be implemented in code for both fraud detection and data visualization
- Knowledge or interest in fraud threats, especially in the financial sector
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to:
or the employee who referred you.
Online Crime a Cat-and-Mouse Game for Hackers, Security Companies
A must-see PBS Newshour feature on online banking fraud.
Existing Controls Aren't Enough
Relentless attacks through all types of media are resulting in end point protections being breached and authentication, including multi-factor authentication, being defeated.